Overall DNW: Childhood sexual abuse. Permanent death of requested character(s) unless otherwise specified.
I've previously requested every fandom except DCCU and Undertale. Feel free to look at past letters for ideas!
I won't comment on self explanatory tags if I don't have anything to say, but I regret precisely zero of them, so pick any one you want!
Gravity Falls
Internalized Homophobia - the human characters dealing with their accumulated issues with loving men. Or women if genderswapped, I'm not picky.
Sleep Deprivation As A Form Of Torture - Bill canonically doesn't need sleep. Meanwhile Ford fights against his need to sleep with every inch of his body before dream demons became something he worried about. Fiddleford being scared awake whenever he's about to sleep sounds good. Increasing paranoia and a less and less firm grip on their own emotions is fun. Just draw from whatever time you couldn't sleep.
Psychological Torture - Being tortured without their body being harmed. Play on emotions, deeply held fears, toss in nightmares, whatever.
Memory Loss - Trying to pull their life together when they don't even remember all of it.
Rape While Injured - What it says on the tin. I'd particularly like if the injury was why they were being raped instead of fighting or fleeing.
Character Isn't Sure Whether They've Been Raped - Whether it's because they don't remember it, or because they've been abused/gaslighted into thinking that it's consensual when it wasn't. Feel free to go dubcon of any variety as long as they feel uneasy about it afterwards.
Nonconsensual Branding - As something that fixes some kind of magically necessary spell, as a marker of being in the same group or committed to the same task, as a component of torture, as a fucked up romantic gesture.
Time Loop - Around and around and around they go~ Groundhog Day fics are really fun. I would be fine with either a positive spin on them, where they make an impossibly perfect situation out of a certain disaster, or a negative spin on them, where the canonical route is inevitable and they can't fight it, or am even more negative spin, where things get truncated when it turns out suicide ends the loop.
Time Travel - (Making The Same Mistakes) - They're going back in time! They're going to change the past! Stop Bill, stop their own minor mistakes, whatever. But they make mistakes every time they try. They just can't stop. Bonus if it's due to hopeless optimism or emotional attachment (ie one of the Henchmaniacs gets exactly as angry every time, Ford thinks there must be some way to reach out to Bill's inner goodness or at least preserve his life's work, Stan marries Marilyn repeatedly/gets kicked out of the Pines house in various unfun ways/loses his brother to the portal/Fiddleford can't remember what he wanted to change anyways)
Group: Bill Cipher & Fiddleford McGucket & Stanford Pines
Ford needs help to build his portal, and so he brings Fiddleford in and refuses to actually tell him anything about the most dangerous non-person in the room. Bill is around, and making Ford think of it as "his portal" and not Bill's portal is part of the general smoke and mirrors that goes on. Just generally dealing with their differing levels of trust, information and priorities is fun.
Group: Bill Cipher & Henchmaniacs
Bill has a collection. A people collection. A collection of criminals from various dimensions. HOW DOES THAT WORK? Considering that Bill is light years above everyone else in terms of power, I can't imagine it's perfectly equal, although from the brief glimpse we see he's perfectly capable of being nice and friendly when he wants to be.
Group: Bill Cipher/Stanford Pines
Ford has his self worth wrapped up in Bill in an interesting fashion, especially considering that he has serious issues with trusting other people with his worth. Bill the only person we see him take project suggestions from in canon, and otherwise he tends to hide and hoard his designs.
Ford extends a lot of trust, doubly so considering what a paranoid person he is.
Then it all goes to shit, of course. I'd love either something focusing on pre-betrayal, when Ford was in denial so hard he almost got citizenship in Egypt or post-betrayal, where his past trust is a constant source of distress and humiliation for him. During his paranoid era before he got tossed into the portal, where Ford is well aware that Bill is not good news but he's not protected by a metal plate and he doesn't have a plan is a place I'd love to see.
Group: Bill Cipher & Henchmaniacs
They're almost certainly horrible people, but that doesn't mean that their own company is safe.
Grunkle Stan | Stanley "Stanford" Pines
I really like having Stan put through the wringer. PLEASE DO! Except for alcoholism, codependency, and self harm, I'd prefer Stan after he's been kicked out.
Drug Withdrawal - Withdrawal is miserable, and common when you're broke. Stan struggling through it, maintaining a thin hold on his morals through the worst of it, and coming out very wary of them would be fun.
Alcohol Abuse/Alcoholism - Stan getting blackout drunk either during his travelling years or while he's banging his head against the portal, inserting alcoholism into his family/romantic life, getting roofied.
Raped by Possessed/Mind-Controlled Loved One(s) - Mostly thinking of Ford here, but really anyone you write as him being attached to works, including OCs.
Suicidal Thoughts - It's very easy for me to imagine him swapping between being ready to fight to prove anyone who ever doubted him wrong and wanting to give up or feeling worthless. Stan fighting his own brain is interesting to think about.
Suicide Attempt - He tries to kill himself. Either he stops himself or circumstances conspire to stop him. I've seen fic where responsibility stopped him or where he didn't want to crash his car even to kill himself, and I liked those. I would also like Stan being thwarted by outside forces and any potentially mixed feelings when that happens.
Codependency - I really like when his relationship with Ford gets played as codependency that breaks apart. I'd be fine with him being codependent with anyone. It might even be sweet to see him with someone like that.
Architectural Horror - The Mystery Shack is a mystery. The Murder Shack is going to murder him. Stan in a house that's ominious, possibly angry, and definitely magical is fun! I just love this trope. Can be just after he moves in or in a Weirdmageddon AU where Mabel didn't get the unicorn hair. I'd prefer him taming the house or escaping it to him being killed by it.
Alternate Universe - (Prostitution) - The subgenre where Stan is a prostitute for a while is fun. I'd prefer him to escape it or otherwise continue down the canon road rather than get trapped doing it.
Major Illness - Being alone sucks. I'd like it if someone intervened to try to care for him, either without
Paying Debt Sexually - Like the prostitution AU, but focused on whoever it is he's indebted to.
Scarce Resources - Being alone sucks, part ?. Feel free to make it as bleak as you want. Or angst about not having food money around the episode Gideon Rises.
Self-Harm - I'd prefer things like cigarette burns or punching walls to cutting for this.
Dragon Age
Cole/Inquisitor
I'd prefer if the Inquisitor was female, but either works. I would also prefer them to be a mage Adaar or a warrior Cadash.
Cole touches on some thoughts about ideals vs reality, happiness versus wisdom, intentions vs results, memory and self, and cool magic shit that I find intriguing. I prefer the spirit path to the human one. It's simultaneously depressing and happy in a weird way.
Time Loop - I'd love if it played on resetting the game, but where it's the Inquisitor who makes decisions and not a voice in their head. Going through the events of DA:I again and again and maybe falling in love with Cole as they repeat the steps.
Memory Loss - In the Spirit branch, Cole forgets Real Cole and real hurt and all sorts of things. Alternately, deal with Cole's memory wiping in a more morbid way. Maybe Cole got disgusted with the Inquisitor and packed up, but the memory lingers in odd ways? Maybe the Inquisitor has a head injury and forgets things and Cole has to deal with memory loss he didn't cause for the first time.
Identity Issues - Is Cole a human? A spirit? Neither? Both? Navel gazing about it with the Inquisitor making things either very complicated or very simple.
Be Careful What You Wish For - Being human. Being a spirit. Wanting to remember Cole even if he tries to erase the Inquisitor's memory. Take their deepest wishes and make things less than ideal.
Beneath the Hill (Fairies) - The Inquisitor visits the Fade. It's not safe. There are certain rules to follow. Take as much inspiration from fairy tales as you please. Alternately, a sort of swap where it's the mortal realm that's framed this way for Cole, and now that he's taken so much from humanity he can't ever leave it.
Character who dies in canon lives making everything worse - Real Cole lives. And however a premise so simple can be made horrible. Maybe because something else happens to Cole?
Possession - It's the closest you can be to a spirit/mortal. And it usually doesn't work out for the best, especially in Dragon Age. Cole possesses the Inquisitor, and everyone agrees on this, and either they keep it together and keep things a secret forever like with Wynne, or they go the way of Anders and Justice, or they forge their own compassionate path.
DC Cinematic Universe
group: Isabel Maru/Diana Prince (DCCU)
Diana is a beautiful and dangerous woman. Maru having complicated feelings about that would be great.
group: Isabel Maru/Steve Trevor (DCCU)
I really liked the scene where Steve tried to seduce Maru. What if they hadn't been interrupted?
Hate Sex / Sex in the Blood of their Enemies - UST between Isabel and Diana would be great, just foeyay and Isabel still having her scars and Diana giving no fucks. Or Isabel angrily having sex with Steve after she figured out that he's her enemy or stole her notes.
abandoned places - Particularly for Diana, and looking at the old fallen temples of the gods.
Flawed/Incomplete Redemption - They tried to fix Maru. It worked... but not as well as they'd hoped. Bittersweet ending would be nice.
Conflicted Loyalties - Maru is certainly just pretending to switch sides because it'll get her out quicker. Right? ( She's not as certain as she was when they started this mess)
Time Travel - Making The Same Mistakes - Whatever mistakes you imagine Steve/Diana/Isabel might make. Diana trying to keep Steve alive, Isabel joining the war or spending time with the opposition and softening ever so slightly, Steve crashing onto the island again and again.
Time Travel Fix-It Gone Wrong - They tried to fix it! But things just got worse. Alternately, they do solve the original problem, but it had unexpected consequences.
Rick and Morty
DNW: Incest within the Smith/Sanchez family. Anyone feeling self conscious about gender for longer than 5 seconds.
Unhealthy Relationships - Did you mean - The Entire Goddamn Show? Rick self destructs over everything while also causing a lot of destruction.
Unplanned Pregnancy - We know that Summer wasn't planned. Like mother, like daughter?
Love Turned To Hate
Self-Harm
Too Drunk to Consent
Alcohol Abuse/Alcoholism
Emotional Abuse
Sentient Evil Spaceships - Why you can't trust Bosmican craftsmanship. Somehow, Rick gets on a spaceship that's intelligent and that means him harm. Maybe he blows it up, maybe he reprograms it, maybe he just makes it out alive.
Recovery Process after Torture -
Internalized Homophobia - With either Rick or female Rick.
Parental Disapproval - I like the theory I've seen floating around that Rick's family is Catholic. This is one of the few times I'll invite religion into my fiction.
Bodyswap -
Mpreg
Killing Together -
A knows B will die - This is why Rick drinks. Well, one of the reasons. He gets warned somehow that someone will die and either can't prevent it or has to deal with it. I imagine his feelings would be thornier than usual.
Freak Lab Accident - I'd prefer if it was both funny and horrible.
Dark Comedy - It's a show that made a joke out of accidental sibling murder, a grandfather convincing his grandson to stuff dangerous drugs up his ass, being pantsed to fall down the stairs, and a 14 year old breaking his legs. Feel free to continue the trend.
Time travel - (in order to murder your past self) - Rick doesn't like himself. Usually, this means other versions of himself. Technically, past him is another version of himself. Whether this succeeds or past Rick kills future Rick is up to you.
Rick's a huge asshole. He sometimes means well, but usually he's just a nihilist trying to keep himself drunk and amused enough not to kill himself, no matter if he steps on someone's feelings or kills an entire universe. The worst thing is how often he's proven right about it. For this exchange I'd mostly like something horrible to happen to him, or some exploration of the dissonance between his actions. Did he always shred up any idea of ethics when he went out? What was the tipping point that made him so suspicious?
Group: Diane Sanchez/Rick Sanchez
I'm kind of awed by the thought that Rick was once a person with squishy, enthusiastic feelings about anyone, and few enough guards up to marry her.
This: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m1s2NFOGyg
"I wish your mother was here to eat them."
And this interview: http://uproxx.com/sepinwall/mega-dan-harmon-interview-part-3-rick-and-morty/
Is everything I'm moderately sure is true. You can crib whatever you want from the fake scene in Rickshaw Redemption, although I've decided to ignore it since the ground is so shaky.
For this ship I'm very interested in how they hooked up and how they fell apart. Also, feel free to make this ship inexplicably f/f and make Beth a test tube baby.
Rick is really good at avoiding consequences, outwitting his enemies, and generally carrying a bigger stick than anyone else possibly could. But none of that could save his marriage! You can't outrun your heart, you can't beat it, and love potions are, as we see in canon, nooooot a good option. I want to see Rick invested in something as fragile as a relationship with another human being, and whatever crazy shenanigans, whatever outrageous courting, painful fallout results. Does being in love help hold off his suicidal tendencies like his relationship with Unity seemed to?
Abusive Relationship
If you go with this, I'd prefer either something mutually damaging and horrible or Rick held at bay by his own traitorous heart rather than Rick being a wife beater. Although Rick being beaten by his wife would be fine...
You could also throw in Rick's family, they would presumably be alive at the time. I have no headcanons for them whatsoever beyond the observation that Rick seems to have some kind of daddy issues, and that I'd prefer that no one's sexually abused by their family.
tl;dr Rick can do anything and beat anyone, but because he loves Diane he's in for a lot of misery. Being in love is beautiful but also leaves him cripplingly vulnerable.
Female Rick Sanchez (Rick and Morty)
Everything I said about Rick before still stands. Just gender swap him. You can make Morty Morticia if you want. The usual asshole with an occasional shred of heart showing trying to elbow her way through the cosmos, get drunk, high or both, and maybe blow something up. As for names, I'm fine with Rick still being called Rick as a real name or nickname, or Rita or Ree or something.
Group: Rick Sanchez/Doofus Jerry Smith
He's from the comics universe.
The Doofus Universe version of Jerry is an inexplicably hyper-competent douchebag who beats Rick to a pulp. I didn't know how much I wanted that until I got it.
Just give me the frustration of Rick being beaten up by someone with the face of a guy he thought was a total loser. And the potential foeyay UST that results from that, from his first real defeat in a looong time. Or rape. Rape as a way to rub it in that Rick's helpless and all his attempts to kill Jerry have done squat.
I'm all for Rick being raped as a way to distract Jerry from Beth, and some of the humiliation that intensifies with that, especially as Beth still thinks that Jerry's himself and not from another universe. I just want the protection to be a mixture of Rick's own ego trying to keep Jerry away from his daughter and not wanting any rape by deception here, as opposed to Jerry threatening Beth with a knife or anything.
I'm uninterested in Female Rick for this ship.
tl;dr Rick doesn't give a shit about Jerry, which makes being unable to stop him all the more humiliating. He can give beating him everything he has and still lose, which is not exactly typical for his enemies.
Forced to Wear Sex Toys 24/7 Under Their Clothes Sexual Assault Blackmailed for Sex/Sexual Coercion powerful character made helpless Enduring Rape to Protect Another Family Secrets Obsolescence Serious Injuries Suicide Attempt
Crossover Fandom
group: Bill Cipher (Gravity Falls)/Rick Sanchez (Rick and Morty)
What do you get when you pair a depressed nihilist with a hedonistic triangle?
Chaos. Chaos. Anarchy. More chaos. Nothing good, that's for sure.
Just give Rick a horrible alien ex. Or a horrible new alien boyfriend rebound. Or a "buddy" that he knows he has feelings for, but crushes them mercilessly like a soda can, since he's well aware that Bill is an asshole who will use him and toss him away.
I've been curious about Bill's ability to alter people's memories and mental state. Having him do mess with Rick's brain in a way that genuinely makes Rick happier, to the point that everyone notices, but at the price of something horrific would be fun! Especially if in the end he has to notice he's being manipulated and decide he cares more about his family/friends' safety than he does about being happy, returning to the horrible normal he's so used to. Reaching directly into your brain to try to fix it has consequences.
tl;dr Reaching directly into your brain to fix it with magic has consequences. Or, the adventures of two amoral space criminals. Or, a typical episode of Rick and Morty but where Rick and Morty try to blow up the Nightmare Realm and Rick disses Bill haaaard.
group: Stanford Pines (Gravity Falls)/Rick Sanchez (Rick and Morty)
Ford has like, three morals to rub together. Rick has one, maybe one and a half on a good day. But Rick is also much better at technology than Ford is, and I imagine that would piss Ford off a lot. Make them have a dick measuring contest, and maybe band together briefly. Rick hates the government, while Ford tries to work for it and generally works within the system. Ford wants to fit into a role as a genius inventor, but Rick doesn't believe in roles and it fucks him up. Ford thinks he has a place in the universe and that it's changing the world/killing Bill, but Rick's not-so-secret truth is that there's no point and no place in the universe.
Alternately, Rick makes a portal to Gravity Falls because Morty is fatally injured and the PG13 rating of the show won't let Morty die, which gives Rick more time to work on it. Dealing with the resulting censorship of reality (having a world where Rick can't curse must be interest) and just generally fucking around with the differences between Rick and Morty and Gravity Falls would be fun.
I've previously requested every fandom except DCCU and Undertale. Feel free to look at past letters for ideas!
I won't comment on self explanatory tags if I don't have anything to say, but I regret precisely zero of them, so pick any one you want!
Gravity Falls
Internalized Homophobia - the human characters dealing with their accumulated issues with loving men. Or women if genderswapped, I'm not picky.
Sleep Deprivation As A Form Of Torture - Bill canonically doesn't need sleep. Meanwhile Ford fights against his need to sleep with every inch of his body before dream demons became something he worried about. Fiddleford being scared awake whenever he's about to sleep sounds good. Increasing paranoia and a less and less firm grip on their own emotions is fun. Just draw from whatever time you couldn't sleep.
Psychological Torture - Being tortured without their body being harmed. Play on emotions, deeply held fears, toss in nightmares, whatever.
Memory Loss - Trying to pull their life together when they don't even remember all of it.
Rape While Injured - What it says on the tin. I'd particularly like if the injury was why they were being raped instead of fighting or fleeing.
Character Isn't Sure Whether They've Been Raped - Whether it's because they don't remember it, or because they've been abused/gaslighted into thinking that it's consensual when it wasn't. Feel free to go dubcon of any variety as long as they feel uneasy about it afterwards.
Nonconsensual Branding - As something that fixes some kind of magically necessary spell, as a marker of being in the same group or committed to the same task, as a component of torture, as a fucked up romantic gesture.
Time Loop - Around and around and around they go~ Groundhog Day fics are really fun. I would be fine with either a positive spin on them, where they make an impossibly perfect situation out of a certain disaster, or a negative spin on them, where the canonical route is inevitable and they can't fight it, or am even more negative spin, where things get truncated when it turns out suicide ends the loop.
Time Travel - (Making The Same Mistakes) - They're going back in time! They're going to change the past! Stop Bill, stop their own minor mistakes, whatever. But they make mistakes every time they try. They just can't stop. Bonus if it's due to hopeless optimism or emotional attachment (ie one of the Henchmaniacs gets exactly as angry every time, Ford thinks there must be some way to reach out to Bill's inner goodness or at least preserve his life's work, Stan marries Marilyn repeatedly/gets kicked out of the Pines house in various unfun ways/loses his brother to the portal/Fiddleford can't remember what he wanted to change anyways)
Group: Bill Cipher & Fiddleford McGucket & Stanford Pines
Ford needs help to build his portal, and so he brings Fiddleford in and refuses to actually tell him anything about the most dangerous non-person in the room. Bill is around, and making Ford think of it as "his portal" and not Bill's portal is part of the general smoke and mirrors that goes on. Just generally dealing with their differing levels of trust, information and priorities is fun.
Group: Bill Cipher & Henchmaniacs
Bill has a collection. A people collection. A collection of criminals from various dimensions. HOW DOES THAT WORK? Considering that Bill is light years above everyone else in terms of power, I can't imagine it's perfectly equal, although from the brief glimpse we see he's perfectly capable of being nice and friendly when he wants to be.
Group: Bill Cipher/Stanford Pines
Ford has his self worth wrapped up in Bill in an interesting fashion, especially considering that he has serious issues with trusting other people with his worth. Bill the only person we see him take project suggestions from in canon, and otherwise he tends to hide and hoard his designs.
Ford extends a lot of trust, doubly so considering what a paranoid person he is.
Then it all goes to shit, of course. I'd love either something focusing on pre-betrayal, when Ford was in denial so hard he almost got citizenship in Egypt or post-betrayal, where his past trust is a constant source of distress and humiliation for him. During his paranoid era before he got tossed into the portal, where Ford is well aware that Bill is not good news but he's not protected by a metal plate and he doesn't have a plan is a place I'd love to see.
Group: Bill Cipher & Henchmaniacs
They're almost certainly horrible people, but that doesn't mean that their own company is safe.
Grunkle Stan | Stanley "Stanford" Pines
I really like having Stan put through the wringer. PLEASE DO! Except for alcoholism, codependency, and self harm, I'd prefer Stan after he's been kicked out.
Drug Withdrawal - Withdrawal is miserable, and common when you're broke. Stan struggling through it, maintaining a thin hold on his morals through the worst of it, and coming out very wary of them would be fun.
Alcohol Abuse/Alcoholism - Stan getting blackout drunk either during his travelling years or while he's banging his head against the portal, inserting alcoholism into his family/romantic life, getting roofied.
Raped by Possessed/Mind-Controlled Loved One(s) - Mostly thinking of Ford here, but really anyone you write as him being attached to works, including OCs.
Suicidal Thoughts - It's very easy for me to imagine him swapping between being ready to fight to prove anyone who ever doubted him wrong and wanting to give up or feeling worthless. Stan fighting his own brain is interesting to think about.
Suicide Attempt - He tries to kill himself. Either he stops himself or circumstances conspire to stop him. I've seen fic where responsibility stopped him or where he didn't want to crash his car even to kill himself, and I liked those. I would also like Stan being thwarted by outside forces and any potentially mixed feelings when that happens.
Codependency - I really like when his relationship with Ford gets played as codependency that breaks apart. I'd be fine with him being codependent with anyone. It might even be sweet to see him with someone like that.
Architectural Horror - The Mystery Shack is a mystery. The Murder Shack is going to murder him. Stan in a house that's ominious, possibly angry, and definitely magical is fun! I just love this trope. Can be just after he moves in or in a Weirdmageddon AU where Mabel didn't get the unicorn hair. I'd prefer him taming the house or escaping it to him being killed by it.
Alternate Universe - (Prostitution) - The subgenre where Stan is a prostitute for a while is fun. I'd prefer him to escape it or otherwise continue down the canon road rather than get trapped doing it.
Major Illness - Being alone sucks. I'd like it if someone intervened to try to care for him, either without
Paying Debt Sexually - Like the prostitution AU, but focused on whoever it is he's indebted to.
Scarce Resources - Being alone sucks, part ?. Feel free to make it as bleak as you want. Or angst about not having food money around the episode Gideon Rises.
Self-Harm - I'd prefer things like cigarette burns or punching walls to cutting for this.
Dragon Age
Cole/Inquisitor
I'd prefer if the Inquisitor was female, but either works. I would also prefer them to be a mage Adaar or a warrior Cadash.
Cole touches on some thoughts about ideals vs reality, happiness versus wisdom, intentions vs results, memory and self, and cool magic shit that I find intriguing. I prefer the spirit path to the human one. It's simultaneously depressing and happy in a weird way.
Time Loop - I'd love if it played on resetting the game, but where it's the Inquisitor who makes decisions and not a voice in their head. Going through the events of DA:I again and again and maybe falling in love with Cole as they repeat the steps.
Memory Loss - In the Spirit branch, Cole forgets Real Cole and real hurt and all sorts of things. Alternately, deal with Cole's memory wiping in a more morbid way. Maybe Cole got disgusted with the Inquisitor and packed up, but the memory lingers in odd ways? Maybe the Inquisitor has a head injury and forgets things and Cole has to deal with memory loss he didn't cause for the first time.
Identity Issues - Is Cole a human? A spirit? Neither? Both? Navel gazing about it with the Inquisitor making things either very complicated or very simple.
Be Careful What You Wish For - Being human. Being a spirit. Wanting to remember Cole even if he tries to erase the Inquisitor's memory. Take their deepest wishes and make things less than ideal.
Beneath the Hill (Fairies) - The Inquisitor visits the Fade. It's not safe. There are certain rules to follow. Take as much inspiration from fairy tales as you please. Alternately, a sort of swap where it's the mortal realm that's framed this way for Cole, and now that he's taken so much from humanity he can't ever leave it.
Character who dies in canon lives making everything worse - Real Cole lives. And however a premise so simple can be made horrible. Maybe because something else happens to Cole?
Possession - It's the closest you can be to a spirit/mortal. And it usually doesn't work out for the best, especially in Dragon Age. Cole possesses the Inquisitor, and everyone agrees on this, and either they keep it together and keep things a secret forever like with Wynne, or they go the way of Anders and Justice, or they forge their own compassionate path.
DC Cinematic Universe
group: Isabel Maru/Diana Prince (DCCU)
Diana is a beautiful and dangerous woman. Maru having complicated feelings about that would be great.
group: Isabel Maru/Steve Trevor (DCCU)
I really liked the scene where Steve tried to seduce Maru. What if they hadn't been interrupted?
Hate Sex / Sex in the Blood of their Enemies - UST between Isabel and Diana would be great, just foeyay and Isabel still having her scars and Diana giving no fucks. Or Isabel angrily having sex with Steve after she figured out that he's her enemy or stole her notes.
abandoned places - Particularly for Diana, and looking at the old fallen temples of the gods.
Flawed/Incomplete Redemption - They tried to fix Maru. It worked... but not as well as they'd hoped. Bittersweet ending would be nice.
Conflicted Loyalties - Maru is certainly just pretending to switch sides because it'll get her out quicker. Right? ( She's not as certain as she was when they started this mess)
Time Travel - Making The Same Mistakes - Whatever mistakes you imagine Steve/Diana/Isabel might make. Diana trying to keep Steve alive, Isabel joining the war or spending time with the opposition and softening ever so slightly, Steve crashing onto the island again and again.
Time Travel Fix-It Gone Wrong - They tried to fix it! But things just got worse. Alternately, they do solve the original problem, but it had unexpected consequences.
Rick and Morty
DNW: Incest within the Smith/Sanchez family. Anyone feeling self conscious about gender for longer than 5 seconds.
Unhealthy Relationships - Did you mean - The Entire Goddamn Show? Rick self destructs over everything while also causing a lot of destruction.
Unplanned Pregnancy - We know that Summer wasn't planned. Like mother, like daughter?
Love Turned To Hate
Self-Harm
Too Drunk to Consent
Alcohol Abuse/Alcoholism
Emotional Abuse
Sentient Evil Spaceships - Why you can't trust Bosmican craftsmanship. Somehow, Rick gets on a spaceship that's intelligent and that means him harm. Maybe he blows it up, maybe he reprograms it, maybe he just makes it out alive.
Recovery Process after Torture -
Internalized Homophobia - With either Rick or female Rick.
Parental Disapproval - I like the theory I've seen floating around that Rick's family is Catholic. This is one of the few times I'll invite religion into my fiction.
Bodyswap -
Mpreg
Killing Together -
A knows B will die - This is why Rick drinks. Well, one of the reasons. He gets warned somehow that someone will die and either can't prevent it or has to deal with it. I imagine his feelings would be thornier than usual.
Freak Lab Accident - I'd prefer if it was both funny and horrible.
Dark Comedy - It's a show that made a joke out of accidental sibling murder, a grandfather convincing his grandson to stuff dangerous drugs up his ass, being pantsed to fall down the stairs, and a 14 year old breaking his legs. Feel free to continue the trend.
Time travel - (in order to murder your past self) - Rick doesn't like himself. Usually, this means other versions of himself. Technically, past him is another version of himself. Whether this succeeds or past Rick kills future Rick is up to you.
Rick's a huge asshole. He sometimes means well, but usually he's just a nihilist trying to keep himself drunk and amused enough not to kill himself, no matter if he steps on someone's feelings or kills an entire universe. The worst thing is how often he's proven right about it. For this exchange I'd mostly like something horrible to happen to him, or some exploration of the dissonance between his actions. Did he always shred up any idea of ethics when he went out? What was the tipping point that made him so suspicious?
Group: Diane Sanchez/Rick Sanchez
I'm kind of awed by the thought that Rick was once a person with squishy, enthusiastic feelings about anyone, and few enough guards up to marry her.
This: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m1s2NFOGyg
"I wish your mother was here to eat them."
And this interview: http://uproxx.com/sepinwall/mega-dan-harmon-interview-part-3-rick-and-morty/
Is everything I'm moderately sure is true. You can crib whatever you want from the fake scene in Rickshaw Redemption, although I've decided to ignore it since the ground is so shaky.
For this ship I'm very interested in how they hooked up and how they fell apart. Also, feel free to make this ship inexplicably f/f and make Beth a test tube baby.
Rick is really good at avoiding consequences, outwitting his enemies, and generally carrying a bigger stick than anyone else possibly could. But none of that could save his marriage! You can't outrun your heart, you can't beat it, and love potions are, as we see in canon, nooooot a good option. I want to see Rick invested in something as fragile as a relationship with another human being, and whatever crazy shenanigans, whatever outrageous courting, painful fallout results. Does being in love help hold off his suicidal tendencies like his relationship with Unity seemed to?
Abusive Relationship
If you go with this, I'd prefer either something mutually damaging and horrible or Rick held at bay by his own traitorous heart rather than Rick being a wife beater. Although Rick being beaten by his wife would be fine...
You could also throw in Rick's family, they would presumably be alive at the time. I have no headcanons for them whatsoever beyond the observation that Rick seems to have some kind of daddy issues, and that I'd prefer that no one's sexually abused by their family.
tl;dr Rick can do anything and beat anyone, but because he loves Diane he's in for a lot of misery. Being in love is beautiful but also leaves him cripplingly vulnerable.
Female Rick Sanchez (Rick and Morty)
Everything I said about Rick before still stands. Just gender swap him. You can make Morty Morticia if you want. The usual asshole with an occasional shred of heart showing trying to elbow her way through the cosmos, get drunk, high or both, and maybe blow something up. As for names, I'm fine with Rick still being called Rick as a real name or nickname, or Rita or Ree or something.
Group: Rick Sanchez/Doofus Jerry Smith
He's from the comics universe.
The Doofus Universe version of Jerry is an inexplicably hyper-competent douchebag who beats Rick to a pulp. I didn't know how much I wanted that until I got it.
Just give me the frustration of Rick being beaten up by someone with the face of a guy he thought was a total loser. And the potential foeyay UST that results from that, from his first real defeat in a looong time. Or rape. Rape as a way to rub it in that Rick's helpless and all his attempts to kill Jerry have done squat.
I'm all for Rick being raped as a way to distract Jerry from Beth, and some of the humiliation that intensifies with that, especially as Beth still thinks that Jerry's himself and not from another universe. I just want the protection to be a mixture of Rick's own ego trying to keep Jerry away from his daughter and not wanting any rape by deception here, as opposed to Jerry threatening Beth with a knife or anything.
I'm uninterested in Female Rick for this ship.
tl;dr Rick doesn't give a shit about Jerry, which makes being unable to stop him all the more humiliating. He can give beating him everything he has and still lose, which is not exactly typical for his enemies.
Forced to Wear Sex Toys 24/7 Under Their Clothes Sexual Assault Blackmailed for Sex/Sexual Coercion powerful character made helpless Enduring Rape to Protect Another Family Secrets Obsolescence Serious Injuries Suicide Attempt
Crossover Fandom
group: Bill Cipher (Gravity Falls)/Rick Sanchez (Rick and Morty)
What do you get when you pair a depressed nihilist with a hedonistic triangle?
Chaos. Chaos. Anarchy. More chaos. Nothing good, that's for sure.
Just give Rick a horrible alien ex. Or a horrible new alien boyfriend rebound. Or a "buddy" that he knows he has feelings for, but crushes them mercilessly like a soda can, since he's well aware that Bill is an asshole who will use him and toss him away.
I've been curious about Bill's ability to alter people's memories and mental state. Having him do mess with Rick's brain in a way that genuinely makes Rick happier, to the point that everyone notices, but at the price of something horrific would be fun! Especially if in the end he has to notice he's being manipulated and decide he cares more about his family/friends' safety than he does about being happy, returning to the horrible normal he's so used to. Reaching directly into your brain to try to fix it has consequences.
tl;dr Reaching directly into your brain to fix it with magic has consequences. Or, the adventures of two amoral space criminals. Or, a typical episode of Rick and Morty but where Rick and Morty try to blow up the Nightmare Realm and Rick disses Bill haaaard.
group: Stanford Pines (Gravity Falls)/Rick Sanchez (Rick and Morty)
Ford has like, three morals to rub together. Rick has one, maybe one and a half on a good day. But Rick is also much better at technology than Ford is, and I imagine that would piss Ford off a lot. Make them have a dick measuring contest, and maybe band together briefly. Rick hates the government, while Ford tries to work for it and generally works within the system. Ford wants to fit into a role as a genius inventor, but Rick doesn't believe in roles and it fucks him up. Ford thinks he has a place in the universe and that it's changing the world/killing Bill, but Rick's not-so-secret truth is that there's no point and no place in the universe.
Alternately, Rick makes a portal to Gravity Falls because Morty is fatally injured and the PG13 rating of the show won't let Morty die, which gives Rick more time to work on it. Dealing with the resulting censorship of reality (having a world where Rick can't curse must be interest) and just generally fucking around with the differences between Rick and Morty and Gravity Falls would be fun.